Friday, December 7, 2007

The Prank

The pranktim (read that prank + victim) of this operation is a long-time friend. He’s been part of my college crew since we met at a community college outside Syracuse, NY. April this year he began working for the same office as I do, and somehow we got onto the conversation that he should get a name plaque for his cubical because everyone else has one. He told me “I don’t need one, I don’t want people knowing who I am!” I think someone took that as a double negative because three weeks later he had one on his desk.

Marcus objected and moved it to a shelf above the coat rack. Another co-worker (read NOT this guy) took it on his/her self to hide it somewhere in the office. Yeah, for about two months we played the game “Where’s the Name Plaque?” It was enjoyable. I even participated once or twice but by August we hid it everywhere possible and Marcus just stopped playing along. It disappeared –to where no one knew, until now. This is the story of one name plaque's travel across the 62 counties of New York State. I present to you….. Tale of the travling Name Plaque!

No comments: